Saturday, August 30, 2014

Hanging On


It's been a long time since I've updated this blog.  I could give a few reasons for why I haven't updated, but the simplest is this: I am a terrible blogger.  I'll try to do better though...

The above picture was pained in Painter X3. It was done quickly, and is not the most detailed, but it describes how I've felt for most of this year.  So many things going on in my life right now, I am just trying to hang onto faith and hope with everything I am.  I know I am not the only person with problems, and for that reason I keep most things to myself, but sometimes I just feel overwhelmed.  I am thankful that I have art in my life, the creative process really helps me work out things that are difficult. The creative process and walks in the woods and prayer. Lots of prayer.

As I said earlier, I will try to update this blog more often, especially now that Digital Whisper is here and I would love to participate in some of the challenges.  Hopefully I can stick to this because I think blogging can help me work some things out, even if I'm the only person who ever reads this.

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Donna!
    Hope you will come over to the Digital Whisper Blog and post your beautiful artwork there too.
    digitalwhisper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patti! I'm looking forward to participating in the challenges again, I've missed it!

      Delete
  2. Donna, a wonderful image full of motion and beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think it is beautiful; what talent you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Donna
    I hope that blogging will come back
    . It seems as though many of my blogging buddies went to Facebook or opened a website.
    I swore awhile back that I would keep my blog up too. I have a blog I have had since 2007 www.treasurebarnblog.blogspot.com I really want to keep it more up to date along with Digital Whisper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Patti! I agree with you, I hope blogging makes a come back. I'm really looking forward to participating in Digital Whisper again, I've learned so much from so many of the artists on Digital Whisper, I'm so glad to see it here! I'm hoping to keep up with this blog better now, I'm not the most consistent at it, but I think with having Digital Whisper to follow, I have more incentive to update now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant tell you how much i love this piece.. if you had this available for purchase to print i would buy it ...it also depicts what i have bee feeling for months now

    ReplyDelete